Sunday, November 28, 2010

hurdles and hassles.

they happen anytime. it could be water spilling at the wrong time, or your pen falling at the wrong time. it could light going off at the wrong time or your system acting up when you have a deadline.

i have not written for a while and then i finally will myself to write today. the snare got broken and i escaped and i was feeling great one more time. i began writing only for me to see a blank page before me. i was lost, and i thought i was dreaming. i wasnt. i had mistakenly clicked on a key on my keyboard and everything i had typed, (infact i was putting the last fullstop) just disapeared.

hmn, i just had to encourage myself. this is where the difficulty lies; we get easily discouraged. but what do we gain when we just live things the way they have become when we will gain more if we make change for the better. here i am writing all over again, and without a script. of course i cant get word for word what i earlier wrote but i'm trying to re-write it.

i believe this is one of the reasons why some things happen to us, so that we can change and be changed; so that we can learn and teach; so that we can grow.

my earlier message in a nutshell before my page went blank before me in broad day light was this: i went off for a while, not written i like 6 months because of 'things' that were happening around me and to me. i got distracted, carried away and depressed. my husband always said to me: "dont allow things happening around you stop you from being productive, look beyond and press on". i didnt get it then, but now i get it. wish i had then!

we are mediocres when we dont take responsibilities for our mistakes and failures. we are failures when we dont accept change and correction. we rot away when we wait for time and keep needing time to do what we have to do. but we are assets and legends when we toil and work and impact.

i have learnt to be productive not sometimes, but always. i've learnt that i can only say maturity has met me when i can press on despite the hassles and hurdles and not just switch off in the face of challenges.

hurdles and hassles are part of life. how we handle them is the issue. we either ignore them and press on, or we acknowledge them and become stale and sour.

if last week, a blind man could come all the way from Lagos to Portharcourt to my church to sing and play the piano then i am inexcusable.

we all are inexcusable despite our hassles and hussles; this is my point!

we can try and improve and press on. this is the gospel truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment